I’m feeling super Shoshanna from Girls re: Tumblr lately. Instead of calling out the bad, I’ll leave you with some of my all-time faves:
- ellenclare and missamylynn - two of the OG Tumblrs and why I started this 6 years ago
- kimbaland and yallhush - for showing me the other side of the political coin via intelligent discourse
- valerina, actualhumandisaster, ibroughtyousometoast, sashayrae, yungsunshine alyssasaid, - for making me laugh so hard on a fairly regular basis that I get a stitch in my side
- annanacho, the-elle-em, amavalapizza - for making me consider a move to Chicago more times than I’d like to admit
- lattesandlullabies, messily, heylaney, saraplainandtall, babybirdblue, totaldrivel (and soon-to-be bloggingforwineandcheese!) - for being the perfect balance of incredible mother and inspiring woman
- buildingaladder / imnotthatkindofgirl / megdrankthekoolaid AND lifebyliz / itsalwaysb AND the Raleigh crew (oh-onelovelyday / abnormallyyours / raleighwoodrockstar / graceinplace / landofthepine) - for epitomizing true female friendships that last years and years
- norlypleaseexcusethemess and cocktailsandkettlebells - for being the strongest women I’ve “known” (ha - literally and figuratively would be fitting!)
- sweetteaandbbq and tinsely - for being the absolute best Tumblr turned IRL friends a girl could ask for
- julie-sparkles, shutupcatleavemealone, aclikeslater, sotheresthat, thislittlecageofmine, lifelibertysilliness, lspoon - for being my biggest cheerleaders. I wish I could keep you all in my pocket every single day.
- And I’d be remiss without including these women as well: alierunninginthemitten, allthewineplease, babbleliciousness, beloved-ofthewoods, catherine, dembangs, helloaljo, jelizabethl, journeybacktome, khincolorado, meesharose
In addition to whatever else I said about these people, they are genuinely amazing folks and you should be following them all if you aren’t already.
It’s so crazy to think about the roller-coaster ride we’ve been on together over the past six years: marriages, babies, divorces, deaths…new jobs, new loves, new passions, etc. This is a damn fine group of people and I couldn’t have hand selected a better crew if I tried.